City codes for Treat-or-Treating in Hampton Roads have changed. Below are the codes and rules of conduct for Halloween by city;ChesapeakeTrick-or-Treat hours will be from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
WHAT AFFECTS PROPERTY VALUES
Some the features that increase property values are obvious-like a remodeled bathroom, a modern kitchen, or a sought-after neighborhood. But here are a few features and circumstances you have not have realized can affect property values.
1) The neighbors: Not every neighborhood or community has an HOA that can keep the neighbors from going overboard with decorations or neglecting to care for their home. Homes adjacent to crazy neighbors can potentially be undervalued.
2) Trendy groceries and coffee: Recent statistics suggest that if your home is a short walk from popular grocery stores like Whole Foods or coffee chains like Starbucks, it can actually appreciate faster than the national average.
3) Mature trees: A big beautiful tree in the front yard is enviable, and it's not something that can be easily added to any home. Homes with mature trees tend to get a little boost in value.
4) Parking: This isn't too much of an issue if you live in the suburbs or in a rural area, but residents in dense cities can have real problems with parking, and homeowners might need to rent a spot just to guarantee a place to park each night. That's why having guaranteed parking in urban areas will raise property values.
5) The front entrance: First impressions matter to buyers-many will cross a home off their list within 10 seconds of stepping through the front door. An appealing front door, a friendly entryway, and a functioning doorbell are all necessities for getting top dollar.
Welcome to our site! As Virginia Beach locals since 1985 - Carrie and I have earned our award-winning reputation by providing clients and customers expert guidance, accurate market knowledge and the ....
Latest Blog Posts
A home inspection is the process where the homebuyer hires a licensed professional to complete a thorough inspection of the exterior and interior components of the property. This inspection can help