Virginia has the somewhat elite distinction of being part of America's original union of states, and come Fourth of July it seems only fitting that the town of Virginia Beach put on a show to rival
BATHROOM TRENDS FOR 2017
Staying on top of the latest trends in home decor isn’t for everyone, but even for traditionalists, it can be fun to incorporate some new ideas.
Here are five bathroom decor trends that are appearing in 2017.
1) Geometric Patterns: Many homeowners are selecting bold patterns in geometric shapes, like chevrons, triangles, or hexagons. These patterns can add intrigue and continuity to your tile or shower curtain.
2) Plants: Even the best-designed bathrooms can benefit from some small plants. If you have a windowless bathroom, there are some low-light options that can survive with little maintenance.
3) Dark Colors: This can be tricky to achieve, but it comes with a big pay off. While traditional bathrooms are often painted with brighter whites and greys, opting for darker colors can make a bathroom seem more luxurious and relaxing. Imagine sinking into a deep bath with dim lighting—that might convey the appeal of a darker palette.
4) Brass Hardware: Trends often come back around, and this year, brass fixtures of the ‘70s are popular once again.
5) Minimalism: The massive master bathroom is still great, but there’s also some appeal in smaller bathroom designs. Minimalism allows for smaller spaces to feel more intimate, but still airy and open.
Residing in Hampton Roads since 1985, Senior Real Estate Specialist -SRES® Chris Carlson - recipient of multiple HRRA Circle of Excellence" awards, and USAF veteran. It's not about making the sale or....
Latest Blog Posts
In Virginia Beach, as in every other place across America, nothing stands forever, especially gently unused buildings, testaments to a former life and a former time. At the corner of South Witchduck